As the exam time is coming closer, the haze of stress poses a potential threat and substantial among the parents. It is reasonable your kid is encountering sentiments of stress and uneasiness. You as well, as a parent, should get going through a great deal of pressure. However, it need not be that way!
Icon International School suggests some convenient tips for the parents that will assist them with preparing their children for the upcoming assessments. So resist the urge to panic, and follow these basic rules to enable your child to bust the test pressure!
How can I help my child with exam stress?
1. Be supportive
- Be supportive to your children and let them get ready for the exams without over-troubling them.
- Over-pressurizing will worry your child and adversely influence the outcomes.
- All children learn at their own pace and excess pressure can make them even more anxious about the tests.
Icon suggests parents to simply believe in their abilities and positively support children for their exams.
2. Close attention to their worries
- Discussion about test pressure and let them realize such emotions are totally natural.
- Be a mindful audience and attempt to resolve any possible query or problem your child may have.
- Your kid’s perspective regarding any matter should never be ignored.
At Icon, we believe that this won’t just keep your kid motivated yet in addition improve their reasoning and critical thinking abilities.
3. Regular monitoring of studies
- Try not to let your busy schedules put your child’s studies at the back-seat.
- Take some break to screen your kid’s advancement. Putting off all the preparations for the most recent day will pressure the kid.
- It is just through regular sessions that you can help your kids completely understand the subject and limit the stress upon the arrival of the exam.
At Icon, we suggest you sit with your child, and chalk out a schedule so they possess enough time for revision.
Related Article– Finding The Right Balance Between Fun And Learning
4. Give nutritional diet
- With all the emphasis on studies, your kid’s health may get affected. Take good consideration of your child’s eating regimen during exams, ensuring they are getting sufficient nuts, fruits and vegetables in their eating routine.
- A nutritious eating routine will guarantee that your kid remains strong and healthy, has improved focus and gives their best during the exams.
5. Make them take breaks
- Consistently studying for more time will exhaust the mind and reduce its capacity to hold information.
- In this way, urge your kid to take short breaks in between studies, take a power nap, do a little bit of stretching exercises, or tune in to music to be more energised and fresh.
6. Don’t compare or judge
- Your child’s score in the tests may not really mirror their actual potential. So never question their caliber on the basis of their scores or compare with their peers.
- Avoid saying whatever may hurt your child’s emotions. Negative words or comparison with different students will just hamper their presence of mind in the exams.
- Also, recall that tests are only one of the numerous difficulties your kid will confront. It isn’t the most important thing in the world of life. So, Icon has the advice for parents that don’t worry and relax!
7. Reduce distractions
- Distribute a space in the house for your child to study in peace and with no distractions.
- Make sure the space is sufficiently bright and clutter free because messiness over-burdens the brain and debilitates its capacity to think, prompting pressure.
- Any sort of interruptions like family conversations, noise from the TV, access to devices or even disturbance from the younger kid must be maintained a strategic distance from.
- Give your child the correct atmosphere to examine during exams to help her performance.
At Icon International School, we are always committed to providing the best learning environment for students with compassion, motivation and constant support for students to excel in their academic performances.
Related Article– How To Prepare Your Kid For Boarding School
So, we believe that these tips will enable your child to go up confidently for the feared exams with utmost ease, and stay stress-free. A real effort from parents and teachers by following these above tips will enable your child to adapt to pressure and shape the right outlook for exams.