Further, our teachers regularly update their pedagogical skills by attending service training programmes and workshops.
The CBSE curriculum at IIS is divided into Primary Level (Grades 1 to 4) and Secondary Level (Grades 5 to 10). Both levels are based:
At the primary and secondary level, students are encouraged to explore the relationship between practical and theoretical concepts of various subjects. Thus, our students learn to analyse how the topic extends beyond the classroom and into the outside world.
Interdisciplinary approach dissolves boundaries of subjects and encourages learning across the curriculum. We have developed a plan where the theme encompasses all curricular areas. This way, subjects like Math, English, Social Studies and Science are integrated and taught together focusing on a specific issue. Here, we have eliminated the age-old concept of teaching subjects in isolation. This cultivates higher-order thinking abilities, encouraging our young geniuses to focus on their critical-thinking and problem-solving skills.
Further, IIS has curated innovative curriculum to address the need of the hour and our students’ learning abilities. IIS works with the concepts of Home notes and Synopsis materials for Grades 1 to 7. The school has exclusively prepared this unique academic resource material for our children, taking into consideration the Board’s objectives, learning needs, abilities and interest.
Individual Attention Program
- Individual Attention Program is one of the key differentiator of IIS. While we truly believe in celebrating excellence, we also believe that at one point or another, every child needs support.
- Classroom learning is a group effort and occurs in a dynamic, and more often than not, a distracting environment, therefore many children lose out on concepts, instructions and step during teaching.
- Support, especially academic support, given at the right time, with the right intensity can help the child bridge that gap. These gaps, if not addressed at the right time can lead to low conceptual clarity, low motivation and ultimately a complete refusal towards academics tasks.
- A thorough process of identification of skill gaps, target based program and strategy based remediation has helped many children recover their academic losses and integrate into the classroom with confidence and motivation.
The essence of the programme is to:
- Introduce the child to education beyond the classroom through indoor sports, outdoor sports and performing art activities
- Expose the child to various sports; facilitating the development of kinaesthetic and spatial skills
- Identify the inherent capability of the child in selected sports and provide specialised training in those areas
- Provide a platform for the child to excel in a sport/performing art and represent the school in inter-school and state level competitions
Admissions for the academic year 2018-19 are open now
At Icon International School, we believe that learning is an interactive process wherein each student has a different disposition towards knowledge and learning.
Our teacher strength is high to allow the teachers to personalize the curriculum to a child to learn the way he or she enjoys.
We treat each student as distinct individuals with his/her own uniqueness, strengths, weaknesses and cultural diversity.
We believe in creating an interactive and entertaining environment that stimulates the desire to be inquisitive and learn new skills and concepts.
We have the excellent teachers who stay with the students all throughout their learning process.
Efforts are made to avoid stress on students rather complex lessons are broken down into simpler forms for better grasping of knowledge. We follow best school teaching practices that certainly develop a positive mind-set towards acquiring knowledge.
Further, the students have hands on experiences in different labs and activities which enhance their learning.
Different students have different learning styles and perform differently based on the context of learning. However, continuous monitoring of a child’s behaviour can help in assessing and develop traits to facilitate the child learn which is why we follow CCE technique.
CCE stands for Continuous and Comprehensive Evaluation designed to cover all aspects of a student’s learning and development.
Continuous implies regular assessments, frequency of unit testing, analysis of learning gaps, applying corrective measures, retesting and giving feedback to teachers and students for their self-evaluation.
Comprehensive on the other hand attempts to cover both the scholastic and the co-scholastic aspects of a student’s growth and development.
CCE method consists of several tests throughout the year unlike traditional 2-3 tests in a year.
It consists of two types of tests namely formative and summative tests. The formative tests comprise quizzes, oral tests, project assignments which has 40% weight-age of the total score. Then the summative tests are held which comprise 60% weight-age.